Supporting Massachusetts to Scale Testing for COVID-19
Increasing the capacity, availability, accessibility, and affordability of COVID-19 testing in Massachusetts.
WHO WE ARE
Project Beacon is a civically-minded organization with no profit motive, founded by the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, F-Prime Capital, and GV to support the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in managing the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are focused on greatly increasing the capacity, availability, accessibility, and affordability of COVID-19 testing in Massachusetts. This is a key step toward safely reopening society and returning to work.
Our mission is to help the state and its residents safely reopen society and return to work, while reducing disparities by ensuring equitable access to testing across Massachusetts.
WHO WE SUPPORT
Project Beacon works with public and private organizations across sectors to solve the key challenges of scaling COVID-19 testing.
WE ARE FOCUSED ON TWO GOALS:
- Increasing access to testing for symptomatic individuals and close contacts
- Accelerating the adoption of asymptomatic testing (surveillance testing) in Massachusetts to facilitate safe work, school, and living environments.
WHAT WE DO
We help organizations implement effective testing programs, in tandem with other important efforts, including social distancing and personal protective equipment. This work involves:
- Helping organizations evaluate the benefits, costs, and tradeoffs of different testing strategies
- Establishing testing sites and implementing appropriate processes
- Handling test logistics and informatics
- Reporting results to individuals, their organizations, and public health authorities
Our strategic vendors assist in support testing efforts, from running testing sites, to providing essential supplies, to processing COVID-19 tests, and include:
Our partners provide important advisory support, and include: